Of Paradoxes and Kings and Otherwise Doom Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Monday, March 14, 2005
The REAL beginning It all began one rainy day on Terra. Always rainy. You know, for dramatic effect? Well, if you didn't know, you do now, poor readers who are being forced to read this. Rain drops spittered across the windows, leaving trails of a silvery brightness as I stared blindly. Silverness from a moon that wasn't there glistened across the room, but that was an effect from the bubbling glitter lamp on my dresser top, I believe.

Glitter lamps are similar to lava lamps, but they're filled with glitter. It makes a ripply effect on the walls, sort of like you're underwater for a time. I had a lava lamp too-- a nice red one-- but it was off. I had burnt the bulb out, and mom had banned me from getting any new ones for a while. She said I'd end up melting the stand.

I couldn't help it was a cheap version from Wal-mart that would melt if I left it on too long. At least it was cheap. I don't like spending money much.

There was also a bluish glow from my computer screen. It was in virus-check mode, and I wasn't allowed to go online while it checked for viruses. I didn't care. No one was online anyway. The rain was more interesting.

So, that was why I was staring at the rain. I didn't have a video card, so I couldn't use a rain screensaver. Conveniently, it was raining outside, and rather hard, making the cute spittery noices. I wrote a lot. I should've known that the heavy rain was forshadowing. Something evil was going to happen.

But, as it was, I never likened life to a story, and never payed any attention to the droning theme music that should've been there. Nor did I make any attempt to read the captions that hung over my head, indicating thoughts.

Boredum should've allowed that creative train of thoughts, but I was lost to all reality.
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
A not so long time ago, in a galaxy that wasn't exactly far away-- we discover that everything has a beginning, and that beginning usually involves somewhat paradoxal means. After all, the paradox does make any ending justification impossible, right...?

ABOUT ME
Name: Ti
Location: Canada

I've aged since this profile. I'm the evil genius behind Between Places, an online fantasy graphic novel (ei: a webcomic) rated PG-13 (http://betweenplaces.spiderforest.com). Feel free to check it out if you're into fantasy/sci-fi! and currently working for the paper and the hospital. My tastes in music have evolved.

ARCHIVES

Powered by Blogger